Surging COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 vaccination considerations and post-election impacts are just a few of the many evolving issues facing healthcare employers as we head into the end of 2020. If you missed our recent Healthcare Industry Key Trends webinar, please consider watching as our Jackson Lewis colleagues touch on many of these issues and more. Also, our colleague’s recent post on COVID-19 vaccination considerations is a helpful tool as healthcare employers will likely be the first to navigate employee COVID-19 vaccinations as we near the end of 2020.
Additionally, COVID-19 fatigue is a real concern facing many healthcare employers. More than ever, employees are balancing work and personal demands with limited time and increased stress. Merely providing an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) referral is not enough. There are several resources for healthcare employers to consider as they navigate employee fatigue, including:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Healthcare Workers’ Stress and Resources available at: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/healthcare/workstress.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Healthcare Personnel and First Responders: How to Cope with Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic with associated links available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/mental-health-healthcare.html
- OSHA’s Healthcare Wide Stress e-Tool available at: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/hazards/stress/stress.html
- American Hospital Association’s COVID-19 Stress and Coping Resources available at: https://www.aha.org/behavioralhealth/covid-19-stress-and-coping-resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrator Resources for Health Professionals available at: https://www.samhsa.gov/about-us/social-media/resources-professionals
As we head into the end of 2020, now is a good time for healthcare employers to review these top issues facing the industry, including COVID-19 fatigue and vaccination considerations. Reach out to your Jackson Lewis attorney, who can provide additional best practices and resources as the healthcare industry navigates these developments together.